Wednesday, June 17, 2009

We're alive!!!


It's was rough, I'm not going to lie.
3 or 4 times I heard someone walking down the hall and I was prepared to jump up, jammies and all and battle the one that tried to break into our room. But it was all in my head. There was no drama, no one wiggled out doorknob, no one knocked asking for strange items, like I imagined most of the night.
Around 5 a.m. I woke up to construction. Forgetting where I was I was wondering "what about the noise ordinance?". Silly me.
So I laid around, packed some stuff and then at about 6:30 I found my sister on Skype, so that was nice. My talking woke Eddie (oops) who jumped up and was ready to get the show on the road too.
Q is still fast asleep as I type, it's about 7:45 a.m. now.
E and I walked down the hall to have breakfast, which was really bleak. It's so not European of them too, breakfast is usually the best part of your stay- I mean, not a a hovel but at the hotels, Europeans do it up right. You won't find a lonely bowl of Froot Loops, it's all usually very serious foods. Alas, this morning it was bad "koffee" and stale bread. I can only assume they got it from the soup kitchen they must run from 4-7 p.m.
Tonight we rock Den Haag which you will find snuggled in the Netherlands. I'm looking forward to it, as it is the home country of our lovely Pace Shifter boys. who Eddie will share the stage with just three more nights. We will miss them along with Frank and Mom, who are the sweetest people you will find. So if you are at the show, come over to the merch booth and say "hi" buy something and keep the dream a live people... I'm just glad I made it through Pension- Kieler Hof alive.
Danke vielmals!
JD

No comments:

Post a Comment