Saturday, July 18, 2009

And we're back.

Well, we've been back for 6 days but after an evening with our good friends, Peter, Brita and the Hitners, we are feeling "officially" back- as in, life is good. Real good. I sat on my butt 90% of the time tonight and in the blink of an eye it was 10:30 p.m. You know you are having a good time when that happens. Zach and Eddie manned the grill like manly men and the rest of us caught up, talked of babies, travel and bear claws. Q brought a pinata over and whacked the shit out of it. Flinging 1# of candy all over their back yard, good times.
I love the summertime in Seattle. After being in all the places we've been, Eddie and I agree 100% that this is the best city to live in. But after a night like tonight, I wonder if we'd think that of anyplace if we had our friends there too? Hmmm, well, I don't plan on finding out. I'm going to stay right here, Seattle is our home.
Yesterday was my birthday! I was greeted with singing and breakfast in bed. Eddie made swedish pancakes (to die for) and Q made my tea. In the beginning of this pregnancy I taught him how to make it because I was so miserably sick for a few months and you'd think he's from England, it's so damn good. They took me to see Harry Potter which was great, super chill day for the pregnant lady. Last night Eddie picked up food from one of our favorite places, El Camino in Fremont, and we ate out back. We followed dinner with a fire and made s'mores. It was a beautiful thing. It's nice to look down the last 10 years and see how far we've come and yet how little things have changed. The core stuff is the same, we're just cruising around, doing what we do, when we want and enjoying the shit out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment