Wednesday, August 5, 2009

South Americans are lucky-

they have my husband.
Shit. I miss him.
It isn't so much that it has been too long since we've been together- 3 weeks, pretty standard stuff for us. But at this point with the doctors visits and the nesting... I need my man. I am one of those chicks that can do it all alone. I am and that doesn't make me proud. It makes me so fucking grateful that I don't have to. Not only do I not have to but I choose not to. I choose to be the "typical" woman in the relationship (but let's face it, I am not typical) I chose the life of the homemaker, whatever the hell that means, I chose it because I'm good at it and because I have a totally rad guy next to me.
Well, he isn't right now. His offspring is and that is the one and only thing that keeps me getting out of bed on those mornings when I just miss him too much. The days when I want to pull the curtains together, close the bedroom door and sleep the days away until he gets home. Not every day is like that. Some days I'm "okay" with it, well, I am okay with it, I've been doing this for 10 years, it is all I know. I don't know a husband that gets out of bed at 6:30 a.m. and goes to work, walks back in at 5:45 p.m. and eats, throws the ball around for a few and goes to bed. When my man steps off that plane he is all ours for however many days or weeks he's home- then we all have to put our hearts back into the freezer, muscle through the weeks or months until we waltz back to baggage claim, to claim our man, who is anything but baggage.
Eddie, I miss you. Enjoy SA and get your ass back home so we can have this baby.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, put your feet up when you can, and when you're sad, be sad while stretching out those hips so you can meet that baby fast n easy. For what it's worth, I found bb # 2 SOOOO much easier. No assumptions on what your plans are, but I did a hospital water birth and it was awe-some.

    ReplyDelete