Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Hostels



I'm spoiled.
There I said it. I am damn spoiled.
I'm trying to get back to my roots here people, or I'm forced to. I did not grow up rich and I'm not rich now but let's just say I want for nothin' these days and this place is hard for me to wrap my head around. And it isn't bad, it's nicer than many of my apartments have been (Heidi, remember the attic?). We just checked into the Pension-Keiler Hof (I wonder if that has anything to do with the Hasselhof?) and Q and I had to use the loo immediately, so we walked up two flights of stairs (yes with all our bags, we're tough), we walk into the room and start scratching our heads. Where is it? There are three beds (one for each of us, JUST KIDDING!) and an Ikea style closet and what's that big white box thing? A toilet? No, it's a shower. Straight in the middle of the wall, to the right a sink and not a toilet to be seen... boo. It's down the hall. I'm going to go ahead and use the pregnancy card and say this sucks because I use the thing about 45 times during the night but really, I'm just spoiled.
But not that spoiled. Eddie said "we can move htls" (which is what I LOVE about that man, "happy wife, happy life" really is his motto) but it's cool. We have a good thing going, we can skip the room service and wake up calls for a night, not because I want to but because MY motto is "it's okay to be spoiled but it's not okay to act spoiled".
Tchau,
JD

1 comment:

  1. That is an excellent motto. I really dig it. I'm loving the play-by-play of your european family adventure.

    ReplyDelete